Monday 1 June 2015

Pinch Punch ... its the first of the month and You Can Create IT !!

Hello there, 
How was your weekend? If you are Uk bound I am tempted to bet it was a little wet.. what is going on with this weather? I am looking fwd to using our new garden even thought it needs a lot of work first but so far no chance of tat happening. 
On the crafting front though things are really hotting up, tomorrow the New Catalogue goes live and I will be able to post about it. Like always there's far to much yummy stuff I HAVE TO HAVE :) 
So for this month's You Can Create It, I chose to use one of my new stamp sets that I was able to preorder in advance called Build a Birthday. This is a fun set that allows you to create yummy birthday cakes (and not only that) in a jiffy as the set is photopolymer and very easy to line up. 
Here was this months creative kit sent out to all our participants.

Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzaz were the colour cardstock and a few extra embellishments. And here's what my card looks like 



I added a few colours with some card for the flowers and ink and these were Daffodil Delight and Pool Party. The stand for the cake was stamped in Soft Suede and the doily was cut and frilled around the base.


I manipulated the punched flowers to soften the fibres so they become a bit more lively, a very easy thing to do that instantly elevates the look of the humble punched flower. 
My only regret is that I haven't used a 5th flower on this card, my brain keeps counting 4 flowers and that bothers me..... now that I look at it :)

And here's Teri's card created with the same set and the same kit ( no we didn't consult)



And while you are on Teri's blog have a look at some of the cards that our participants have created with this months kit. 


Want even more inspiration? follow our other participant countries and their examples, you will find lots of inspiration along the way :) 

                                                                            Anja
                                                                            Heike


Do you want to play with us? Here's how it works?? 


Each month we will send you a little Mystery Kit containing a few Stampin' Up! supplies. The Challenge is for you to use those supplies to create a project. It could be a card, scrapbook page or any kind of 3D item.

You must use at least a part of everything we provide in the kit when you create your project. If you wish to, you can also add additional items from your own supplies. 

When you have finished your project, if you take a photo of it and send it to us .... we will showcase it on one of our blogs on the 1st day of the following month - along side our own creations for that month.

If you have a Facebook Page or if you Blog yourself, you can display it there with a link back to us if you wish to :o)

The cost of one kit for one month is £2.50Or you can subscribe for 6 months worth of kits for the reduced cost of £12.00 (postage and packing has already been included in the above prices).

The closing date for ordering this month's kit is Sunday 10th May. 

Much love Monica xxx


Shop Stampin' Up!

1 comment :

  1. I love the Cake card especially! The flowers and offset really make the card! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really apreciate it as I love hearing from you. Hugs Monica xxx